9.1.13

UUSI Be The Light You Are-video on nyt julkaistu ♥




BE THE LIGHT YOU ARE
Säv.san. Kirsi Ranto ღ Deepthi 

Be The Light You Are (Ole se valo joka olet) on uusin, viime syksynä kirjoittamani laulu, joka sai heti syntymäpäivänään ensimmäisen liveäänityksensä tämän videon muodossa. Video on osa yhteistyötäni kalifornialaisen valokuvaajan, Shawn Reederin kanssa. Vietimme viime syksynä kolme viikkoa yhdessä kuvaten ja luoden kaksi ihanaa sydäntyötä: An Evening with Kirsi Ranto ღ Deepthi, joka sisältää kokoelman suomen- ja englanninkielisiä lauluja minun esittämänäni (ja joka julkaistaan kokonaisuudessaan helmikuussa 2013), sekä The Essence of Kirsi Ranto ღ Deepthi, joka puolestaan luo ajankuvaa minusta artistina tänä päivänä. Kummatkin näistä on kuvattu kotikonnuillani Jalasjärvellä, Etelä-Pohjanmaalla. 

Be The Light You Are syntyi spontaanisti kuvaustemme yhteydessä. Tuntui, kuin se olisi tiputettu taivaasta suoraan syliini. Laulusta tuli minulle saman tien hyvin merkityksellinen ja rakas; olihan se samalla ensimmäinen englanninkielinen sävellykseni. Otin laulun nöyrin mielin vastaan, ja iloitsen siitä, että saan jakaa sen nyt sinun kanssasi. 

Laulun nimi, Be The Light You Are, on ollut itselleni viime vuosina kuin mantra, kuin valoa hehkuva majakka omalla matkallani. Intiassa viettämäni ajat ovat auttaneet minua löytämään itsestäni aivan uutta vahvuutta, rohkeutta ja valoa, joita tuo mantra auttaa minua ylläpitämään elämän aallokoissa. Olen oppinut luottamaan omiin siipiini, mutta myös pyytämään ohjausta ja apua. Olen saanut kokea, ettemme ole koskaan yksin.

Jotain taianomaista tapahtuu, kun lakkaa kontrolloimasta kaikkea ympärillään. On kuin sydämessä avautuisi jokin uusi ovi, jota ei ollut tiennyt tuota ennen olevan olemassakaan. Kun lakkaa yrittämästä olla jotain muuta mitä oikeasti on, ja kun lakkaa taistelemasta elämää vastaan, yhtäkkiä kaikki ovet aukeavat. Rakkaus ympäröi sydämen. Alat muistaa kukat olet; muistaa oman valosi, joka ei ollut koskaan poissa ollutkaan.

Ole se valo joka olet. 

Rakkaudella,
Deepthi



BE THE LIGHT YOU ARE
Written by Kirsi Ranto ღ Deepthi

Be The Light You Are is a live recorded song which I wrote this past autumn. It is a part of my co-operation with very talented photographer and filmmaker Shawn Reeder from California. We spent wonderful time in Finland last autumn and created two amazing pieces of art together: An Evening with Kirsi Ranto ღ Deepthi which is a collection of live recorded finnish and english songs written and performed by me (to be released on Feb 2013), and then The Essence of Kirsi Ranto ღ Deepthi, which captures my essence as a musical artist. They both were filmed in my small home village Jalasjärvi here in Finland.

This song, Be The Light You Are was born spontaneously while filming for these projects. It felt like it was heaven sent, and it became right away very dear to me. I felt so humble while writing it and also having this beautiful opportunity to share it with the world, with you.

Be The Light You Are is my first english written song. The title has been my own mantra, my guiding light for years now, and it has a very dear and special meaning for me in many ways. After spending time in India during past four years, I’ve learned a lot about myself and found a new strength, courage and light inside of me, which carries me in everyday life. I’ve learned to trust my own wings and pray for guidance and help. I've learned that I'm never alone. But to find that trust has been a long journey.

Something magical happens when you give up trying to control everything. Somehow it opens a totally new door in your heart, which you didn’t even know existed. When you stop trying, stop being something that you naturally aren’t, when you stop fighting against life, suddenly all the doors open. Love surrounds your heart, and you start to remember: you remember who you are, you remember your own light, which had never left you.

Be the Light you Are.

With love,
Deepthi


BE THE LIGHT YOU ARE
Written by KirsiDeepthi

I felt you here
before you were near
I was wind in your hair
the joy and the care
you shared from your heart

The time disappears
and there are no fears
When you walk beside me
you will see

Be the light you are
you had the wings to fly this far
So don't hesitate
you have the faith 
Just breath

Be the light you are
forever
I will show you the way
and wipe away your tears

I've heard your cry
I've seen your smile
I know you've been thinking 
there's nothing worth living
in those blue nights

If you could only know
what I've been shown 
There's the most beautiful light
you don't have to fight
Just be

I'm everywhere you go
and all of me
is just a reflection 
of your own being

Open your heart
don't be afraid

And like the sun is raising
every morning
you will always count on
hear me calling
you are free

To be the light you are...